In the activity of authorizing the operating personnel of radiocommunication stations, ANCOM issues all types of certificates for civil radiocommunication services operating in non-governmental or shared governmental/non-governmental frequency bands, allocated according to the National Table of Frequency Allocations (NTFA) to the maritime mobile and maritime mobile-satellite service, to the aeronautical mobile and aeronautical mobile-satellite services, to radiotelephony on inland waterways and to the land mobile service. Thus, the holders of such certificates are authorised to operate radiocommunication stations as follows:
· radiocommunications in the maritime mobile and in the maritime mobile-satellite services;
· radiocommunications in the aeronautical mobile and in the aeronautical mobile-satellite services;
· radiocommunications in the land mobile service;
· radiocommunications in the service of radiotelephony on inland waterways.
The Authority permanently harmonizes the national legislation in the field in line with the international provisions, with a view to ensuring the operational and legal compatibility of the stations in the above-mentioned services in Romania, in relationship with stations located on the territory of neighbouring countries. It also regulates and coordinates the activity in the above-mentioned services at a national level.
In this field, ANCOM:
· certifies the professional competence of the personnel operating radiocommunication networks and stations in the above-mentioned services;
· ensures the recognition and equating of the qualification of foreign professionals operating radiocommunication networks and stations in the frequency bands allocated to the above-mentioned services under the NTFA.